Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini. #FISHRECIPE #SAMAKBITAHINI #MIDDLEASTERNFISH Who says white fish is boring? This exotic fish recipe is crowned with middle eastern spices, caramelized. A creamy tahini sauce—with lemon, garlic, and green chiles—adds flavor and fragrance to this comforting Middle Eastern casserole.
It is a variation on a classic Middle Eastern-North African recipe. We've also made this with wild salmon. The tahini sauce will easily keep for a week, so save any leftovers for salads, sandwiches, topping steamed rice. You can cook Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini
- Prepare 1 kg of fish fillets, such as Hamour fish.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, cut in slices.
- You need 4 of medium onions, sliced.
- You need 4 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted.
- You need 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For the tahini sauce:.
- It’s 1 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Make Ahead: The sauce can be made and refrigerated a day in advance; you might need to thin it with a little water. Line a baking sheet with paper towels, then place a wire rack on top. Arrange the fish on a platter or divide among individual plates. Pour the hot sauce over the fish.
Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini step by step
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the fish. Coat it with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put the fish fillets on it..
- Spread the lemon slices over the fillets then pour over the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil. Add some salt..
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the fillets and put it in an oven tray..
- Cook the fish fillets, in a preheated oven for 10 min. Then turn them on the other side and let them cook for another 10 min..
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool..
- To prepare the tahini sauce, dissolve the tahini paste in 3/4 cup of water so it does not clot when adding the rest of the ingredients. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well till you get a fluid homogenous sauce..
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the sliced onions until they become tender. Remove the pan from heat..
- Cut the fish fillets into large pieces and put them in a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the fish and top with the fried onions and roasted pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold with pita bread..
- Note: For an easier Tagine recipe, you can replace the fish with 3 tuna cans. In this case, drain the tuna and transfer it into the serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over and top with the fried onions and pine nuts..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Tahini sauce' under my profile.
This Easy Baked Fish Recipe is a light and healthy Middle Eastern seafood recipe. · This recipe for Eggplant Fatteh, a Middle Eastern casserole dish, features toasted pita bread, a spiced tomato sauce, and a lemony tahini topping. Give our Dreamy Tahini Sauce a try, which is perfect drizzled over vegetables or meats. Tahini is very, very simple to make. If you have ever made a nut butter like peanut butter before you'll notice it is practically the same process: Grind sesame seeds in a food processor with a little oil until smooth. Tahinli balıklar, deniz ürünleri için kolay ve mükemmel sevgili!