Caramel apple crisp. Apple crisp is usually sweetened with granulated white sugar or brown sugar, but neither of those can compare to the complexity of caramel. Caramel sauce adds the sweetness we need, PLUS a whole. This was definitely the best apple crisp I have ever made.
And don't worry, this recipe is not caramel in name only! It calls for tossing the apples and cinnamon. A classic apple crisp recipe gets a make over with lots of caramel sauce. You can have Caramel apple crisp using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel apple crisp
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- It’s 3-4 of fugi apples.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
This Caramel Apple Crisp is the perfect fall treat! Serve with ice cream for an extra decadent treat. The caramel sauce does double duty in this warm, comforting crisp. First, it lends sweetness to the apple filling, and second, it yields a lot of leftovers to serve alongside.
Caramel apple crisp step by step
- Skin and slice apples.
- Coat apples in cinnamon, flour, white sugar. Then spread the apples in a casserole dish or baking pan..
- Add caramel sauce or Make caramel sauce. To make it, combine 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, and 3 tablespoons of caramel syrup (optional) over low heat on the stove. Mix until it’s a smooth mixture. Let cool. Spread over the apples..
- Mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and and more cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add in softened butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly..
- Sprinkle the oat mix on the caramel apples..
- Cool at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown..
- Note: the caramel may spill over the oats. Just scrap it up with a knife for a clean look ! .
Winter is officially in full swing here in the Hudson Valley! which One of the best things about this caramel apple crisp dessert is that it's SO easy! This caramel apple crisp is divine! Loaded with tart, granny smith apples that compliments the sweet caramel and that buttery, cinnamon oatmeal crisp topping so well. It's sweet but not too sweet for a. Make my warm and toasty Caramel Apple Crisp recipe topped with a special flavor of my Homemade Caramel Ice Cream.