Baking Soda Manju.
You can have Baking Soda Manju using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baking Soda Manju
- You need 200 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Baking soda.
- You need 15 ml of Sake.
- You need 30 of to 40 ml Water.
- It’s 300 grams of Tsubu-an.
- Prepare 10 of Muffin cups.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (medium).
Baking Soda Manju step by step
- To make the tsubu-an, refer to. I partially thawed a stock I had in my freezer. https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/143833-homemade-tsubu-an-chunky-sweet-azuki-bean-paste https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143833-homemade-tsubu-an-chunky-sweet-azuki-bean-paste.
- Sift together the cake flour and baking soda, add the sugar, then mix thoroughly with a whisk..
- Add the beaten egg and sake to the mixture from Step 2. Adding a little water at a time, knead until the mixture forms a dough about the firmness of your ear lobe. Form into a ball..
- With a tightly wrung out kitchen towel, wrap the dough, and let it sit for about 30 minutes..
- Stretch the dough out into a log, then cut it into 10 even pieces with a pastry scraper or knife. Until you wrap them around the anko, keep moist under the kitchen towel. Do not let them dry out..
- Roll out the individual pieces of dough into roughly 10 cm ovals, place the tsubu-an in the middle and wrap. Lightly press the surface of the dough into shape..
- With the seam facing down, place the manju onto muffin cups..
- Prepare a steamer, and once it starts to steam, place the manju inside. Steam for about 15 minutes. This is how they should look after steaming..
- The tsubu-an wasn't quite centered in these….
- In regard to the amount of baking soda, some require 3 to 4 g per 100 g of flour, and some only 1 to 1.5 g..
- The baking soda I use says to use 6 to 8 g per 200 g of flour, but it becomes bitter if you put too much..
- When I used 4 g, the manju rose sufficiently..