Baked Spicy Plantains.
You can have Baked Spicy Plantains using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Spicy Plantains
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 large of plantain.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, cut into pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk or cream.
Baked Spicy Plantains instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel plantain.
- mix sugar and spice together in small dish.
- split halfway thru plantain from one end to the other.
- make horizontal slices halfway thru from one end to the other.
- place plantain on a piece of foil.
- lay butter pieces over plantain.
- take sugar and spice mixture and sprinkle on top of butter.
- sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over sugar.
- fold ends of foil closes then roll down top.
- bake in shallow baking dish for 45 minutes or until tender.
- serve warm with cream or milk.