Bacon Wrapped Chicken Surprise. "These chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta cheese, spinach, and wrapped with bacon are a sure-fire way to impress," says Kitty KaBoom, the recipe submitter. And here's a tip from meganfromseattle: "Cook the bacon briefly in a skillet before wrapping the chicken to get a crispier texture." Working with one at a time, carefully wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up.
Larger, thicker breasts will take longer to cook. Brush each chicken breast with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with thyme mixture. You can have Bacon Wrapped Chicken Surprise using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Chicken Surprise
- Prepare 6 of chicken fillets.
- You need 3 tbsp of garlic infused avocado oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped corriander.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped spring onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of pepperdews chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of basil pesto.
- Prepare 6 of slices haloumi cheese.
- Prepare 6 of deseeded jalapenos (I used the vinegar soaked ones – tops and ends removed).
- Prepare 6 of slices cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 6 piece of bacon (I used backbacon).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic infused avocado oil..
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
Simple to make and insanely delicious. This baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken is food euphoria. Because we all know bacon makes everything better. So when you lightly season the chicken, wrap it in bacon, dust it with brown sugar then bake it to golden caramelised perfection, it takes that basic rule to a level you won't believe.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Surprise step by step
- Wash chicken fillets then cover with cling wrap and pound with rolling pin to flatten slightly then remove cling and place chicken into a large baking pan..
- Make marinate by combining; avo oil, garlic, corriander, mint, spring onion and pepperdews. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste..
- Pour marinate over chicken pieces. Ensure that chicken is well coated on both sides with marinate..
- Cover and leave in fridge over night or allow to stand for at least 3 hours..
- Once marinated, spead a thin layer of pesto over each fillet. Then stuff and roll each one. This will make 6 servings..
- To stuff; Place haloumi slice on one end of fillet then top with a jalapeno and then cheddar. Roll with stuffing on inside..
- Once rolled, wrap chicken with a piece of bacon..
- When ready, place about 1 teaspoon of garlic infused avocado oil and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a pan and heat..
- Sear prepared chicken on both sides to seal and brown slightly then place back into baking dish..
- Bake on 140° Celcius for about 10 – 15 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through but not dry..
- Serve and enjoy. I served on a bed of stir fried veg topped with a slice of grilled pineapple and a bit of chilli oil on the side..
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Coat a rack and broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.