Baked Apple Turnovers ( made with Splenda). Instead of "turnovers " I guess I made "baked apple pies " but shaping them differently was the only change. I found using my little trio dumpling set worked great in making cute little turnover pies. They were tasty and easy to make.
Apple Turnovers: Working with one square of puff pastry at a time, brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash. Note: The unbaked apple turnovers can be frozen. View comments on this recipe on YouTube. You can have Baked Apple Turnovers ( made with Splenda) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Apple Turnovers ( made with Splenda)
- It’s 4 of Granny smith apples.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of splenda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of -15 ounce Refrigerated pie crusts.
- You need 1 of egg whites – lightly beaten.
Classic apple turnovers are an easy fall treat everyone should make at least once. Made with a buttery, flaky puff pastry shell that's filled a sweet, tart apple & cinnamon filling and glazed with · Not sure how to make apple turnovers? Give this traditional recipe a try. It makes a dessert that's both tender and flaky, with apple pie-like filling.
Baked Apple Turnovers ( made with Splenda) step by step
- Cook apples and water in a medium sausepan over medium heat .Peel and slice apples . (FIRST). Covered stirring occasionally. Breaking up apples with back of spoon 10 -12 minutes. Or until Apples are a coarse puree..
- Add splenda and flour cook 2-3 minutes more. Stirring until Splenda is dissolved and mixture is thickened. Stir in cinnamon. Spoon apple mixture in a bowl to cool..
- Preheat oven to 425º. Coat a baking sheet with spray set aside..
- Unroll piecrust. ( I made my own dough. I just like it better ).Cut each piece into 4 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 6" circle. I used a plate that was 6" as my guide..
- Place 3 level Tbsp. Apple mixture on each circle. Moisten edges if dough with water and fold dough over to form a half moon. Crimp to seal . Cut vents to release steam. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg white..
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnovers are browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 min.before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature..
Apple Turnovers made completely from scratch! Apple Turnovers made completely from scratch! These easy apple turnovers are made with store-bought puff pastry or homemade pie crust. Apple turnovers are easy to make! The biggest decision one Storing & Freezing Apple Turnovers.