You can have Cheesesteak Totchos using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesesteak Totchos
- Prepare of Cheesesteak.
- It’s 1 lb of Flank Steak.
- You need 2 c of Shredded Chicken, frozen.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s of Cheese Sauce.
- You need 1/2 c of Shredded Cheese blend.
- Prepare 1/4 c of Heavy Cream (add additional to keep creamy as needed).
- Prepare Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of large (1 cup) onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small (1/2 cup) red bell pepper, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1 of small (1/2 cup) yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1/4 c of Green Onion, chopped.
- You need 1/8 c of Cilantro, coarse chopped.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need of Tater Tots.
- Prepare 4 c of Frozen Tater Tots.
Cheesesteak Totchos instructions
- Prep the veggies.
- Set the traeger for 225° and bring to temp. Meanwhile, pat the outside of the flank steak dry, mix the seasonings and liberally rub all over (reserving about 1/4 for the chicken and tots)..
- Place in traeger and let smoke roughly 1hr and temp. Check back every 5-7min until 130° internal temp..
- Remove and let rest. Approx 10-15min with aluminum foil covering it to maintain heat..
- Meanwhile, Heat oil skillet over medium heat; garlic and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes or until just beginning to soften. Add bell pepper strips. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir in cilantro and remove from heat..
- Combine cheese, heavy cream and ground red pepper in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth..
- For the shredded chicken, follow directions on bag which usually consists of putting in skillet frozen and heating it to temp. I generally drizzle a bit of olive oil over the chicken and add some of the dry rub seasoning as it get closer to temp..
- For the tater tots, add oil to fryer (unless baking in oven), heat to 375° and fill basket just under half way. Toss often to keep from sticking. Remove and sprinkle dry rub seasoning..
- After the steak has rested slice into thin strips, and chop into smaller pieces. Reserve rest for later..
- Plate the tater tots, drizzle cheese sauce, add some veggies and steak or chicken, drizzle more cheese sauce and top with a few more veggies. Sprinkle green onion over it..
- Serve and enjoy!.