Crisp and Creamy Osaka-style Seafood Takoyaki.
You can cook Crisp and Creamy Osaka-style Seafood Takoyaki using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crisp and Creamy Osaka-style Seafood Takoyaki
- Prepare 350 of to 400 grams Cooked octopus.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Young green onions.
- You need 1 of Pickled red ginger.
- Prepare 100 grams of Tempura crumbs.
- Prepare of For the batter.
- It’s 350 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1700 ml of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Bonito flakes.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Powdered skim milk (or coffee creamer).
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 1 of blended at a 10:1 ratio Tonkatsu sauce and honey.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 1 of Aonori and bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of blended at a 10:1:1 ratio Mixture of mayonnaise, milk, and unsweetened yogurt.
Crisp and Creamy Osaka-style Seafood Takoyaki step by step
- Here are the filling ingredients. Refer tofor the chicken soup stock. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149128-very-useful-chicken-stock.
- Chop the octopus into bite-sized chunks (about 1 to 1.5 cm cubes). They will shrink when cooked, so chop them larger than you think they need to be. Each piece should weight about 4 to 5 g..
- Finely chop the green onion and finely mince the ginger..
- This recipe uses an extravagant amount of chicken stock. It must be well chilled for use. Prepare it in advance and chill in the refrigerator..
- Combine all of the powdered ingredients except for the baking powder, add the chicken stock and beaten egg and mix well. The egg should be thoroughly beaten so that the egg white is well incorporated..
- Lumps in the batter will make it floury, so use a sieve to strain in the powdered ingredients. Let the batter sit for about 1 hour..
- In order to grill with efficiency, set all the ingredients around the griddle, and heat the griddle at the highest setting..
- Place your hand over the griddle to test the temperature, then coat with a generous amount of oil. Thoroughly mix the baking powder into the batter..
- Pour the batter into the griddle. Sprinkle on the beni-shoga, green onions, and tempura crumbs. Fill the griddle full with the batter. The griddle should be turned up to the highest setting..
- Fill any holes in the takoyaki with the surrounding batter cooked on the sides, and shape into round balls. The exterior should be browned to a crisp, and the insides should be steam cooked. Reduce to medium heat..
- Takoyaki griddles for home use do not cook evenly, so I recommend shifting them around among different pockets until each of them are crisp and golden. The juice from the octopus will make the insides creamy..
- When finished grilling, transfer to a serving dish, then carefully brush on the special sweet sauce..
- Drizzle on mayonnaise, sprinkle with aonori seaweed and bonito flakes, then your amazing takoyaki are ready! Eat 'em up while they're hot!.
- I use this cheap plastic squeeze bottle container for the mayonnaise. Add milk and yogurt to your mayo for an even more delicious mixture (milk and yogurt should come out to about 10% of the resulting sauce)..
- Chicken soup stock. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149128-very-useful-chicken-stock.
- Homemade tempura crumbs are cheap and tasty to make. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149587-tempura-crumbs-with-dried-shrimp.