Garden Baked Ziti with Sausage.
You can have Garden Baked Ziti with Sausage using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garden Baked Ziti with Sausage
- You need 1 package of ziti pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of mushrooms, diced.
- You need 2 of zucchini, halved, sliced.
- Prepare 4 handfuls of fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 32 oz. of Ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 jars of marinara sauce.
- You need 1.5 lbs of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded parmesan.
- It’s of Fresh basil.
Garden Baked Ziti with Sausage step by step
- Break up and brown sausage in a large skillet pan, drain, set aside, reserved drippings.
- Add oil to pan and saute veggies adding in order, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Until slightly tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan, set aside..
- Saute spinach until slightly wilted, set aside with veggies to cool.
- Boil ziti in salted water 7 mins, drain, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix egg, ricotta, 1 lb mozzarella, sausage, veggies, pasta, and 1 jar of sauce.
- Add mix to a large slightly greased casserole dish. Top with pasta sauce, remaining mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven for about 1 hour, uncovering at the end so the cheese can brown..
- Garnish with fresh basil.