Hokkaido's Famous Chikuwa Bread.
You can cook Hokkaido's Famous Chikuwa Bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hokkaido's Famous Chikuwa Bread
- You need 160 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 40 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s 145 grams of combined Milk + egg.
- Prepare 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 8 stick of Chikuwa.
- It’s 1/2 can of Canned tuna.
- You need 1/3 small of Onion.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of Aonori and egg wash (for glazing).
Hokkaido's Famous Chikuwa Bread step by step
- Make the dough in a bread machine until the 1st rising is done. Round off the dough and rest it for a while..
- Mix the canned tuna, finely chopped onion and mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper..
- Make a cut down one side of the chikuwa, and stuff with the Step 2 mixture..
- Roll the dough out into a long, thin rope and wrap it around the filled chikuwa. Leave to rise (2nd rising) until it's 1.5 times its original size..
- After the 2nd rising, brush the tops with egg wash (optional), and squeeze out a line of mayonnaise on top. Mist the bread and bake in a 200°C oven for 10-13 minutes..
- Sprinkle on some aonori seaweed powder to taste, and they're done..
- It's also delicious with a little ketchup and mustard..
- So filling! Chikuwa bread..