You can have Butter Chicken using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Chicken
- You need of marinade and chicken.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast cut in 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 Tbs of oil.
- You need pinch of black pepper.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1/2 C of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 C of milk.
- You need 1/2 C of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fenugreek leaves.
Butter Chicken step by step
- Wash and dry the chicken, then mix marinade spices with the chicken and put in the fridge for 45 minutes..
- In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients. Cook on low heat for 45 minutes until sauce gets thick and butter separates, then set aside.
- Bake the chicken on a tray in an oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked..
- Reheat the butter sauce on medium heat and add additional 1/2 cup of milk..
- When the sauce comes to a boil add chicken and cook 10 minutes longer..
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread..