Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken. These chicken drumsticks are loaded with Mediterranean flavors including lemon, garlic, oregano, and extra virgin olive oil. FULL RECIPE. Mediterranean Baked Chicken Dinner – fast prep chicken dinner idea, you'll love how the. Chicken – thighs and drumsticks (bone in, skin on = juicy flesh and golden skin!) Lemons, lots of garlic, paprika and oregano – to make the tasty Mediterranean sauce This Mediterranean chicken made with lemon and garlic and sautéed in olive oil is juicy, moist and delicious.
The bake starts with a layer of tomato sauce, which sautéed chicken thighs bask in to soak up all those tart juices. Artichokes and black olives add extra fiber and oomph, and of Mediterranean diet dishes often boast Italian flavors, but this recipe goes big on Greek with lemon, oregano, and plenty of garlic. Classic and always wonderful, juicy baked chicken thighs make the perfect weeknight dinner. You can have Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken
- It’s 6-8 of chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on).
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Toss the chicken in a simple mix of garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and brown sugar, then roast them until savory and. This Mediterranean chicken bake recipe is simple & delicious. A one pan meal perfect for both busy weeknights AND company! This easy Mediterranean chicken bake will take only five minutes of preparation time- super easy! lemon juice – adds great tangy freshness.
Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken instructions
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.).
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag..
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through..
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking..
- Serving suggestion – with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas..
View top rated Mediterranean chicken lemon garlic recipes with ratings and reviews. Mediterranean chicken is a delicious recipe for weeknight dinners. This Mediterranean sheet pan chicken and potatoes is ready in thirty minutes. Lemon: Fresh lemon gives so much flavor to these chicken breasts. Garlic: Don't skip the garlic, the more the merrier!