Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies. Baked Cornish Game Hens with Cream Gravy. Cowboy Kent Rollins. how to cook honey garlic butter glazed cornish hen & potato. Cornish Game Hens recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys.
Place hens, head to toe, in roasting pan. Place garlic cloves inside the cavities and surrounding each hen. Take chicken thighs to the next level with thyme, wine and lots of garlicky goodness. You can have Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies
- It’s 2 (5 oz) of Game Hens [de-thawed – rinsed – dabbed dry inside & out].
- Prepare 40 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole – trim brown ends + 15 additional cloves for veggie bake].
- You need 1 of LG Lemon [quartered].
- Prepare 1 Bag of Baby Potatoes [cleaned – left whole].
- Prepare 2 of Bibs Celery [+ leaves – 1" chop].
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Baby Carrots [sliced in half].
- It’s 1/2 of Medium Red Onion [quartered].
- It’s 1/2 of Medium White Onion [quartered].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Green Onions [sliced].
- It’s 1 of Green Bell Pepper [sliced].
- Prepare 1 Stick of Quality Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 Can (14 oz) of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of as needed as needeToasted Baguette Slices [with olive oil – served as a side].
- You need of as needed Chicken Stuffing [to be used as a bed for hens].
If serving with rice, spoon remaining lemon mixture over rice. This recipe features thighs and legs, and works with chicken, pheasant, rabbit or partridge. Pour in the vermouth or white wine and Add the chicken, parsley sprigs and tarragon, followed by the chicken stock. Place the Cornish hens in a large ovenproof baking dish.
Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies step by step
- Here's about all you'll need..
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°..
- Trim the brown ends from your garlic. Stuff/pack de-thawed, rinsed hens innards with whole fresh garlic, [20 cloves a piece] lemon quarters and slivers of sliced onions. Tie off your hens legs with butchers twine to seal in your vegetables..
- Gently lift hen skins, rub in olive oil and season with a bit of lemon juice, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning underneath..
- Rinse and chop vegetables and place at the base of your pan. Add 14 oz Chicken Broth, 1 cube of butter, [sliced] 15 garlic cloves, sea salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning and Lemon Pepper..
- Sprinkle chicken broth vegetable coated tops with sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning..
- Place hens on an elevated rack just above your veggies and coat them with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle tops with salt, pepper, dried Parsley, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning..
- Wrap up hens and vegetables tightly with tinfoil. You'll want these hens and vegetables to steam together..
- Bake at 425° for 1.5 hours. To check for doneness – pierce the thickest piece of your largest hen with a knife. If its fluids run clear – you're good to go. Or, if your hens register 165° F with a thermometer. Also, use your carrots as your best [doneness] indicator for your veggies. If a knife slides easily thru them – everything else is fully baked. Including your potatoes..
- Once fully baked – raise oven temp to 450° – remove tinfoil – and allow hen skins to crisp for 10 minutes longer..
- Serve on a bed of Chicken Stuffing. Garnish with fresh parsley. Authors Tip: Make an easy 5 minute microwavable Chicken Stove Top Stuffing. But, substitute chicken broth for any water called for and add 2 tbsp dried onions and 1 tbsp dried parsley to that mixture. These easy steps really do make for a memorable stuffing..
- Bake or toast your Baguette Bread lightly coated with olive oil. You'll want this side dish for all of the delicious garlic, lemon and onions retrieved from your hens stuffing. It makes a great spread once mashed. Enjoy!.
Stuffed Cornish hens make a festive dish. To stuff these little birds, use a traditional Thanksgiving mixture or make your own with. Not as harsh as you'd think, the garlic melts in your mouth and cooks down very mildly. Like, you'll be shocked at how subtle it turns out. It's effing DELICIOUS, is all you need to know.