Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers.
You can cook Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- It’s of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Meat mixture.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 of carrot, diced small.
- It’s 1 of celery, diced small.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- It’s 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers instructions
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! .