Super Fish Pie.
You can cook Super Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Fish Pie
- It’s 5-6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of sides of fresh cod (or other good fish).
- You need 2 of sides of fresh salmon.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of smattering of garden peas (I use frozen ones).
- Prepare 1 pint of milk.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- It’s 30 g of flour.
- You need of Some grated cheddar (to taste).
- It’s of Salt & pepper to season.
Super Fish Pie step by step
- Heat the oven to 200 °C (Gasmark 6).
- Boil some water for the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the spuds into smallish bits.
- Chop the fish into pretty chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and boil for 10 mins.
- Steam the fish for 8 — 10 mins.
- Time for parsley sauce, melt 30g of butter in a saucepan.
- Mix the flour into the metled butter and drop in 3/4 of a pint of milk and the chopped parsley.
- After the parsley sauce is mixed, drop in the peas and then keep the sauce on a low heat.
- Once the fish has steamed, put it into a suitable deep dish. I use a medium sized pyrex cooking dish.
- Pour over the parsley and pea sauce.
- Shave the butter into the potatoes and start to mash it up.
- Pour a little milk into the mash pan to help the mash get creamy.
- Salt & pepper in the mash to taste.
- Cover the fish & sauce with the mash potatoes and even out the pie’s mash top with a fork (I like to put grooves in mine).
- Bake the pie in the oven for 20 mins.
- Optional: sprinkle some grated cheddar onto the pie and grill until the cheese is browning and cripsing up.
- Serve and give the pie a couple of minutes to cool before devouring it with gusto!.