Becky's Potato Zucchini bake. Lightly seasoned potatoes, zucchini, and red bell pepper are baked together in this easy side dish. In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
This cheesy potato and zucchini bake is a quick and easy way to use up one or two zucchinis and. Use up your extra zucchini by putting a fresh twist on traditional potato pancakes. Squeeze zucchini with paper towels to remove excess moisture. You can cook Becky's Potato Zucchini bake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Becky's Potato Zucchini bake
- It’s 6 medium of red potatoes..washed,cut thinly.
- It’s 4 small of zucchini..cut to 1/4 inch rounds.
- Prepare 2 of roma tomatoes..cut to 1/4 inch.
- You need 1 medium of vidalia onion..cut thinly.
- It’s 2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water..add to crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh cracked pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of italian herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of Mccormick sicilian style..spicy garlic blend..salt free.
- You need 2 tbsp of good olive oil..use some for oiling pan..rest for drizzling.
In large bowl, stir together zucchini, potatoes, onion, flour, egg, salt and pepper until well blended. My recipe for Potato Zucchini Fritters is loaded with potatoes, zucchini and mozzarella cheese. In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, capsicum, garlic, bread crumbs and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
Becky's Potato Zucchini bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Oil a large casserole dish.
- Wash..and prepare the veggies.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes ..water and seasonings together..
- Start by layering half of the potatoes in dish..then half of the zucchini..follow with half of the onions..
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the veggies in dish..
- Pour half of the tomato/water..seasoning mix over the veggies..
- Next layer the other 1/2 of the veggies in dish..potatoes..zucchini..then onions..
- Drizzle top with a bit of olive oil..then pour the other 1/2 of the tomato mix all over the top of veggies..
- Top with the sliced roma tomatoes..cover with foil..
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes..then take the foil off..and bake another 15-20 minutes..based on your oven..allow to brown on top a bit..
- Dish is done when potatoes are fork tender..serve with fluffy rice and a side salad..Enjoy!.
This healthy appetizer, baked potato and zucchini bites, is slightly a notch higher when it comes to vegetable content and TASTE! Helpful tips on making baked potato and zucchini fritters. All Reviews for Italian Zucchini-Topped Baked Potato. Italian Zucchini-Topped Baked Potato. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Peel potatoes with a vegetable peeler then slice them thinly using a mandoline, V-slicer or sharp knife.