You can cook Stuffed Tomatoes using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion; diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery; diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot; diced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves; diced.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes preferably beefsteak tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper.
- Prepare 1 of Yukon gold potato; cut into wedges.
- You need 3/4 of ths cup short-grain rice.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth (water is fine).
- You need of Mint.
- It’s of Parsley.
- Prepare of Dill.
- Prepare of Feta cheese.
Stuffed Tomatoes instructions
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and bell pepper. Keep them as they will be your lid. Excavate the tomato insides and set aside in a bowl..
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they reduce in size and turn slightly brown. Add in the celery and carrots and cook until reduced/browned. Adding salt helps!.
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the sugar. More salt..
- Add the tomato paste and rice and sauté for 2 mins..
- Preheat oven to 370F..
- Pour in the tomato insides and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer for 10 mins. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed..
- Before we stuff, mix in the parsley, mint, and dill..
- Fillerup! I put potato wedges in between the veggies. Drizzle olive oil and yes – salt & pepper! Pour in half cup of water to the pan..
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 1 hr..
- Uncover and broil until slightly charred..
- Serve with feta cheese on top. Enjoy!.