Apple pie baked in apple. These apple pies are the cutest things you'll see all fall. Topped with a lattice crust and plenty of caramel, these are the perfect thing to serve in place of apple pie! Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
Everything's always more fun in a mini-version. For instance, I love apple pie, but to make an entire apple pie is a little bit too much of a commitment for me. These Apple-Lattice Pie Baked in an Apple are perfectly. You can have Apple pie baked in apple using 5 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple pie baked in apple
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of pie crust. home made or bought.
- Prepare 6 of Granny Smith apples.
You want the filling to be bubbly and the crust to be cooked through and lightly browned. During this time, your home will smell like a crisp autumn day. Apple pie baked right into an apple complete with warm gooey filling and flaky lattice crust. Apple pie may be one of the most classic desserts when it comes to pies in general.
Apple pie baked in apple instructions
- pre heat oven to 375°F.
- cut off top of 4 apples and discard..
- remove the inside of these apples with spoon or melon baller carefully. do not puncture the peel Try to keep the wall thickness uniform..
- if you are skilled use remove apple parts minus core for filling. if not use addition apples..
- remove peel from remaining apples if using them. slice very thinly..
- mix apple with cinnamon and sugar. adjust amount to your taste..
- stuff hollow apples with this filling.
- roll out crust and slice into 1/4 in strips. you can add pastry around inside of opening for additional texture.
- cover top of each apple in lattice patter with dough..
- place apples in 8 X 8 pan..
- add just enough water to cover bottom of pan..
- cover with foil and bake for 20 – 25 min.
- remove foil and bake an additional 20 min or until crust is golden brown and fillings are soft..
- this was sent to me by a friend. I think the recipe came from a lady named Channing..
But have you ever considered making one inside of the actual apple? It does sound unusual, but it's possible to make, and ends up with deliciously tasty taste as well. What are the best apples for apple pie? It's best to use a mix of different types of apples in your pie. Yes, you can make apple pie right on your grill for a late-summer and early autumn backyard get-together.