Cottage pie. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy.
In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. You can cook Cottage pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1 can of sweet peas.
- You need 1/4 of cup shredded cheddar cheese, or as much as you like.
Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top.
Cottage pie instructions
- Preheat oven to °400, Peel and wash potatoes, dice and begin to boil..
- In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned..
- Drain corn and peas. When potatoes are done, mash well. Add ground beef to a glass baking dish..
- Top with corn, peas and then mashed potatoes. Coat top of potatoes with cheese. Bake for 20 min. Enjoy!!.
Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie. It is a dish that originated around the time that As cottage pie became popular throughout Britain and potatoes became a staple crop in Ireland, the. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Cottage pie is essentially a shepherd's pie but with beef.