Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
You can cook Loaded Baked Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- You need 1 lb of bacon, diced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 5 of large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Sour cream for garnish, optional.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain and set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pot. Cook the onions in the remaining bacon grease for about 5 minutes, until tender..
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove a few scoops of potatoes. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside..
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, bring to boil and simmer until thickened. Slowly stir into stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Stir mashed potatoes back into pot..
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, three-fourths of the bacon and half the sliced green onions to the pot. Add pepper. Stir to combine. Cook an additional 5 minutes..
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and optional sour cream..