Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese. Toss until the cheese has melted and forms a creamy sauce. Add the squash and onion mixture, the walnuts and the basil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This Sausage & Butternut Squash Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese is the ultimate comfort food – Creamy, cheesy, and easily devoured by the When you've got a great movie on the TV – Your food needs to be just as "dig in" worthy. This recipe is just that: Butternut Squash Pasta with Goat Cheese. Toss until the cheese has melted and forms a creamy sauce. You can have Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese
- You need 1 of vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- You need 1 of large butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 3/4 cubes.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil for drizzling.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- You need 1 lb of penne pasta.
- You need 8 oz of goat cheese, crumbled.
- It’s 1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted.
- You need 1 cup of packed, chopped fresh basil.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan.
Stir in the squash and onion mixture, the walnuts and the basil. Simple yet hearty, this bowl of pasta is comfort food without the guilt. Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Goat Cheese The Little Kitchen. Butternut squash is a delicious vegetable to stuff with tomatoes, peppers, breadcrumbs and then top with cheese.
Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese instructions
- Spray a baking sheet liberally with spray or veg oil, spread squash and onion evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 350°F oven on top rack for 20 minutes or until squash is tender and golden. Check often do not burn. Remove from oven to cool completely..
- Prepare pasta as directed, drain and reserve 2 cup pasta water.
- Put pasta, goat cheese and 1cup of pasta water in a serving bowl. Toss until cheese is melted into a creamy sauce adding more water if necessary..
- Add in squash mixture, walnuts and basil.
- Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!!.
- *to toast walnut bake on a sheet in 350 oven for 6 to 8 minutes and cool before using.
The butternut squash is roasted with garlic and McCormick's Ground Turmeric — think about the fabulous flavors of yellow rice wrapped around slightly sweet squash. TO MAKE VEGAN AND/OR PALEO: Simply leave off the goat cheese and use pure maple syrup instead of honey in the dressing. And this butternut squash purée fits right in. Combined with sage and goat cheese, it has a sweet, earthy flavor and a silky-smooth texture. Come fall, I'm no stranger to butternut squash purée — it's a side dish I can eat again and again — but I've never had a version quite like Faith's before.