Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too – this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made. You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple rings, drained (keep juice for drizzling).
- You need 30 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine, melted.
- You need of Cake batter.
- It’s 175 g of AP flour.
- It’s 60 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 packet of vanilla sugar (7,5g).
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 40 g of vegetable oil.
- It’s 180 g of soy milk.
- You need Splash of rum.
Chef Anna Olson shows you how to make the best Pineapple Upside Down Cake using her own original recipe! You won't want to make it any other way! Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake step by step
- Pour melted margarine in the bottom of a round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange as much of the pineapple slices as possible. Refrigerate..
- Meanwhile, make the cake batter: whisk dry ingredients together. Pour in wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined..
- Pour batter over pineapple slices. Bake for 35 min in a 350°F/180°C oven..
- Let cake cool for 10 min, then drizzle a few tbsp of pineapple juice over the cake. Flip cake after 10-15 additional minutes. Serve slightly warm. Enjoy :).
This classic pineapple upside down cake starts with an easy homemade cake made with cake flour and butter. This is one of the most popular Pineapple Upside-Down Cake on this site. My mother has an easier version where you don't need to beat the egg whites separately. This pineapple upside-down cake from Delish.com will remind you why it's a classic. Before you say, "That's so retro!", consider why this cake is such a classic: The pineapple topping gets its addictive flavor from melted butter and brown sugar—and yes, maraschino cherries, which we aren't.