Sea scallops, tarragon butternut squash purée, honey balsamic reduction and truffled parmesan toast. For the balsamic reduction: Combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and Serve the scallops on a warm plate over the parsnip puree. Garnish the plate with baby carrots, truffled arugula and the balsamic.
Here is a simply delicious and elegant dish from the "Date Night Dinner" Chapter of my cookbook! To make the purée, heat the butter in a small saucepan and add the squash. Sprinkle both sides of scallops with salt and pepper. You can have Sea scallops, tarragon butternut squash purée, honey balsamic reduction and truffled parmesan toast using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sea scallops, tarragon butternut squash purée, honey balsamic reduction and truffled parmesan toast
- It’s 1 of large squash.
- Prepare of Large shallot chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic chopped.
- You need Pack of tarragon chopped(1/2 cup).
- It’s 4-5 oz of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare Cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of Balsamic vin.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 16 of scallops uniform size.
- It’s of Crusty French Demi bread.
- You need of Truffle oil.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Serve scallops with balsamic reduction dipping sauce. Learn how to make Pan-seared Scallops with Asparagus and Pancetta. Drizzle with sauce, and sprinkle with reserved pancetta, chives, and Parmesan. Alaska Sea Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Puree.
Sea scallops, tarragon butternut squash purée, honey balsamic reduction and truffled parmesan toast instructions
- Add 2 cups balsamic and two good squeezes of honey and reduce by half and set aside. I cool mine and add to a squeeze bottle for drizzling.
- Peel and dice squash and add to boiling water until tender.
- Add evo to sauce pan followed by garlic and shallot for a couple and then add two tbsp tarragon for a couple and deglaze with white wine and simmer until wine is mostly reduced. I reserve the rest of the tarragon for processing and plating.
- Drain squash and add to a food processor along with the garlic, onion tarragon mixture. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp brown sugar, heavy whip and process until smooth, check for seasonings and add salt, pepper and tarragon to taste. Salt is your freind with squash but you can’t take it away so be careful..
- Once smooth and taste is where you want it set aside.
- Slice bread and drizzle with truffle oil and top with shave Parmesan and for baking at 400 right before you sear scallops.
- Heat pan with evo or butter. Salt and pepper scallops and sear quick until browned and then flip and repeat. You cook too long you will have rubber..
- Spread squash sauce on plate, drizzle reduction, top with scallops and reserved tarragon and finish with parmesan toast points..
It may look like little more than just mushed up butternut squash (probably because that's what it is) but this is absolutely, without question, one of my favorite side dishes on my Thanksgiving plate. Scallops already taste incredible, but adding a bit of creamy butter, garlic, and fresh herbs at the end of cooking makes them restaurant worthy. Stick with our flavors of butter, garlic, and basil or try something else. Fresh thyme, tarragon or something spicy like. This rich, briny sea urchin pasta uses puréed sea urchins to create a creamy texture that coats the noodles—closer to pasta carbonara than aglio e Sea bass with Meyer Lemon Purée and Zucchini Salad.