Three-Cheese Sausage Pasta Bake. Studded with parsley and three types of cheese, this pasta bake is the more sophisticated friend of your age-old macaroni and cheese recipe. This was pretty bland, even though I added roasted chicken breast and hot Italian sausage. It is a good base, but next time I'll play around with a lot of spices to make it more flavorful.
Keyword: Cheesy Baked Pasta, Three Cheese Pasta. If I have more cheese, I like to add another layer of cheese on top of the pasta just before the bread crumbs. Top pasta with Italian bread crumbs and a small dollops of butter. You can have Three-Cheese Sausage Pasta Bake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Three-Cheese Sausage Pasta Bake
- It’s 16 oz of Gluten Free Penne.
- Prepare 6 links of Sweet Italian Sausage, cooked & cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of medium red pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion, minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 28 oz of crushed tomato puree.
- Prepare 6 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 15 oz of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese.
- You need 1 of egg, slightly beaten.
- It’s 8 oz of mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks.
Layer this courgette and tomato pasta with not one, but three cheeses for a tasty and wholesome midweek bake! Serve our Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake and savor the compliments! Healthy Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta. Drain pasta mixture; return to pan.
Three-Cheese Sausage Pasta Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain in colander. Boil sausage links, cut into slices..
- Cook red pepper and onion over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato puree, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Cook on medium-low heat until sauce starts to thicken; 5-8 minutes..
- Combine ricotta cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese and egg..
- Stir pasta into meat sauce. Place half the sauce mixture into an 11×7 baking dish. Top with cheese mixture and then the rest of the sauce mixture..
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese chunks. Bake for 25 minutes, until the cheeses are melted and bubbly..
A Jamie Oliver sausage pasta bake recipe that's packed with flavour. This is like the best sausage pasta recipe kicked up a gear! Tip the breadcrumbs into a bowl with one of the sliced garlic cloves, a good pinch of the oregano, the grated cheese and a pinch of sea salt and a sprinkling of black pepper. My husband and daughters absolutely love this dish! I substituted chicken sausage with sweet italian sausage and did not bake it.