Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak.
You can cook Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak
- You need of Spice Paste.
- Prepare 3 stalks of lemongrass (white part only).
- You need 60 gr of galangal/blue ginger.
- It’s 2 pcs of big red chillies, remove the seeds.
- It’s 10 pcs of dried chillies, pre-soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, remove the seeds.
- It’s 150 gr of shallots.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- It’s 150 gr of fresh coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 gr of batang/ikan tenggiri, only the meat (remove bones and skin).
- You need 200 gr of fish paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1-1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of rice flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves, remove the centre part and chopped finely.
- It’s of Banana leaves for wrapping.
Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak instructions
- Soaked the dried chillies in hot water for 30 minutes, remove the seeds. Prepare all ingredients. Finely chop the spice ingredients and put it in your food processor to make a paste..
- This is the fish paste I use. Ready to use from supermarket..
- Remove the meat from the bones/skin. Original recipe calls for 300 gr fish meat. But in the end I use 500 gr nett. Roughly chop. Set aside..
- Mix the spice paste from step one with 1 tbsp of coriander seeds powder and 1 tbsp of curry powder. Add salt and sugar.
- Add fish paste and 3 eggs. Stir well until combined. After that add in rice flour and corn flour. Mix well, add coconut milk and 3 tbsp of oil..
- Add in the chopped fish meat and lastly, add the finely chopped kaffir lime leaves.
- Wrapping time: use the clean banana leaves (wash and soaked in hot water to soften the leaves). Add 3-4 tbsp of the mixture to banana leaves, secure both sides with toothpicks.
- You also can use an oven-safe pan layered with banana leaves at the bottom. Cover with another banana leaves on top..
- Baked in preheated oven at 200 degree celcius for about 20 minutes (top and bottom heat).
- Ready to serve. Yummy!.