Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. This easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a perfect meal for those busy weeknights during the summer. With slow cooker pasta bakes like this, you get to enjoy a delicious, hearty meal with very little work. It might sound a little.cheesy.but it just doesn't get better than that.
Includes step by step recipe video. This Crock Pot Baked Ziti is obviously NOT. Make baked ziti in your slow cooker in this recipe that has a rich tomato-meat sauce and a blend of ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. You can cook Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- You need Half of a large onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 Lbs of ground beef.
- You need of (2) 24oz jars of pasta sauce.
- It’s 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg (beaten).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 Lbs of ziti pasta (uncooked).
- Prepare 6 cups of colby monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare of Non stick cooking spray.
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is an easy crock pot pasta dinner that's perfect for weeknight meals. The pasta cooks right in the sauce! I've made countless slow cooker dinners and breakfasts and even cooked rolls and cinnamon rolls in them. Seriously, there isn't much that a slow cooker can't do!
Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti instructions
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet; Drain fat..
- Return ground beef to skillet and mix both jars of pasta sauce with ground beef; Remove from heat..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the slower cooker to high.
- Spray slower cooker with non stick spray.
- Spoon the sauce into the bottom of the slower cooker; Enough to evenly coat the bottom.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce evenly coated.
- Pour uncooked ziti noodles on top of ricotta cheese evenly coated.
- Sprinkle colby cheese on top of pasta evenly coated.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you reach the top of slow cooker; making sure the final layer is a generous amount of colby cheese.
- Put the top on slow cooker; cook for 4 hours or until pasta is tender. Avoid opening the slow cooker while cooking..
This takes only a few minutes to assemble and is really, really good!!! The sauce penetrated the noodles just like a baked pasta should and the cheese was gooey and delicious! Best of all, it was a super cheap meal because the ingredients didn't cost very much at all! Getting perfectly cooked pasta and gooey melted cheese from the slow cooker takes some technique. Drop half of the cheese mixture, by rounded tablespoons, over ziti; carefully spread over ziti using back of spoon.