Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes. A thumb-sized piece ginger , peeled and grated. Place ginger and garlic in a small bowl and mix together to form a paste. Add the lemon juice, spring onions Add swordfish steaks and coat well with the mixture.
Next, add in the spring onions and stir fry, mixing well. Do not overcook the spring onion otherwise it will be too limp. Add the beef back and the bowl of Young ginger which is pale yellow is usually meant for pickling with vinegar as it is less fibrous. You can cook Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes
- Prepare 2 of sirloin steaks, 1/2 lb each, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 4 of medium sized spring onions.
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorn.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of freshly ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- You need of bacon for baked potato topping.
Old and matured ginger is more spicy and fragrant. All Reviews for Spiced Potatoes and Onions. Spiced Potatoes and Onions. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Steaks are coated with a nicely seasoned soy and ginger sauce before being broiled in this quick and easy dish.
Spiced Ginger Steak with Spring Onions and Potatoes instructions
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Wash your potatoes. Cut two slits in each potato about halfway through and pop out the wedges. Set them aside..
- Stuff the slots in the potatoes with butter, and replace the wedge..
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil, and place directly on the oven rack. Bake them for one hour..
- Rinse your steaks, and lightly pat them dry. Make sure to pick steaks that are not too thin, and have the best marble of fat throughout when you're at the supermarket. The better the marble, the better the flavor!.
- Combine the minced garlic, sea salt, coriander, ginger, and black pepper to make the rub for the steaks..
- Rub this mixture onto the steaks generously. If you are a fan of ginger, or would like more coriander, add more!.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat for a minute or two, with the canola oil inside. While this is heating, cut up your spring onions. Split the bulbs in halves, or quarters (whichever you prefer) and dice up as much of the greens as you'd like for the baked potato topping. Save the rest of the greens for a later meal (I usually plan nachos in the same week!).
- Place your steaks onto the skillet and leave them, moving them as little as possible. Try to only flip them once or twice, as this keeps them juicy, but gives them a nice crispy sear! Cook until your desired color. For a medium well, i let mine cook about 6 minutes each side. (Although i did check with a meat thermometer afterwards).
- Once the steaks are almost finished, add the spring onions to your skillet, and stir them occasionally. They're done once they've blackened a little..
- If you are adding bacon to your potatoes, throw it in the pan now! I keep a few slices in the freezer constantly for this purpose. It's much easier to cut into little pieces when it's frozen!.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven, and after the aluminum cools for a few minutes, remove the foil and garnish the potatoes to your liking. We do cheddar, bacon, sour cream and the greens of the onions. Top your steaks with the fried sprinf onions, and serve!.
So delicious- served with Sesame Green beans and Roasted New Red Potatoes (both from this site). Flank steak, ginger-garlic aromatics, green onion, steamed broccoli. New York Strip, savory bulgogi glaze, bell pepper, onion, potatoes, green onion. NEW RECIPE – Rice noodles, Thai spices, tofu, green onion, crushed peanuts. Steak-frites is a very common and popular dish served in brasseries throughout Europe consisting of steak paired with French fries.