You can cook Japanese Okonomiyaki using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Okonomiyaki
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- You need 1 Cup (120 g) of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (180 mL) of Dashi Broth (Combine 180 ml of water with 1 tsp dashi powder).
- You need 1/4 Tsp (1.5 g) of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp (1 g) of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp (1 g) of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 Tsp (6 g) of Nagaimo Powder *Optional.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup (12.5 g) of Tenkasu (tempura bits).
- It’s 600 g of Green Cabbage.
- It’s 2 Pcs of Scallion.
- You need 6 Pcs of Bacon Slices (Halved into 12 smaller slices).
- Prepare 3 Pcs of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp (22.5 g) of Vegetable Oil.
- You need of For Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp (30 g) of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 4 Tbsp (60 g) of Ketchup.
- You need 3 Tbsp (45 g) of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp (21 g) of Honey.
- It’s of Simply mix together until well combined.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- It’s of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Dried Bonito Flakes.
- Prepare of Dried Green Seaweed.
Japanese Okonomiyaki step by step
- Remove the cabbage core and then mince it, place the minced cabbage in a colander to drain off extra moisture. Thinly slice the scallion and place them in a small bowl for later use..
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, nagaimo powder, baking powder, salt and sugar with the dashi broth until well combined without lumps..
- Stir the eggs, tenkasu, scallion and cabbage into the batter..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan with medium heat, then spread the batter to make circle with 2 cm thickness (about 6" round) on the pan..
- Place 3 sliced bacon on top of Okonomiyaki and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid and filp over the Okonomiyaki when the bottom side is golden browned..
- Fix the shape of Okonomiyaki by gently pressing it and keep it together. Put the lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes..
- After that, flip it over for the last time and cook uncovered for 2 minutes..
- Transfer it onto a plate and add the toppings of your choice..