Rum Jerked Ham. A delicious ham for the holiday season. A Rum Ham is a ham that has been steeped and injected with a rum brine, and coated with a rum glaze. Place trivet in inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer.
Jamie Oliver's Jerk Ham, Rubbed with Spices and Glazed with Rum-Spiked Marmalade. Add a spiced twist to your baked Christmas ham with Jamie Oliver's recipe from his Christmas cookbook. Jamaican jerk spice mix is perfect for flavouring a whole ham. You can cook Rum Jerked Ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rum Jerked Ham
- Prepare of For the dry rub:.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Ham with bone.
- It’s of For the glaze:.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 1 cup of pineape juice.
It can also be used with barbecued poultry and fish with equally good results. You will need to begin this recipe a day ahead. Let's be real : this is a boozy ham. I'm not even going to pretend it's not.
Rum Jerked Ham step by step
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
This ham is better for adult only gatherings where they will enjoy the taste of rum, pineapple and ham. Jerk Ham With a Mango Orange Pineapple Rum Glaze. Learn how to make an iconic Jerk Ham With a Mango Orange Pineapple Rum glaze, with simple step by step instructions from Gourmand. I don't know how safe nor how cost effective it would be. Learn how to make an iconic Jerk Ham With a Mango Orange Pineapple Rum glaze, with simple step by step instructions from Gourmand Award winning Caribbean.