Bitter gourd Omelette. Bitter gourd in omelette goes very well together. The strong bitterness from the bitter gourd is washed with salt to make a mildly bitter vegetable. Enjoy tender, juicy bitter gourd slices nestled in a fluffy and flavourful omelette lightly seasoned with Asian seasonings.
My parents told me that back in my hometown, they are getting heavy snow. Did you know that bitter gourd or karela is not a really vegetable but a fruit? Here are some crucial benefits of drinking bitter gourd juice. Момо́рдика хара́нция, или го́рький огуре́ц, или китайская горькая тыква — однолетняя травянистая лиана; вид рода Момордика семейства Тыквенные. You can cook Bitter gourd Omelette using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bitter gourd Omelette
- You need 200 gm of bitter gourd.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need as needed of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Oil.
Bitter gourd is a vegetable that is tender green and long with seeds in the middle and is very juicy with a bitter taste. Heat a wok, and place the mixed eggs into the pan to make an omelette. Bitter Gourd with Pork Ribs Soup 苦瓜排骨汤 This is one of my favourite home cooked Chinese soups. Chinese style omelette made with bitter gourd/melon – fantastically simple and delicious.
Bitter gourd Omelette instructions
- Finely chop the bitter gourd, onion, tomato. You can remove the seeds but I keep it as such as I love the crunchyness..
- Boil water, add soda and blanch the chopped bitter gourd for 5 mins.
- Immediately add the blanched gourd to cold water..
- Then mix it with chopped onion, tomato, oregano, cornflour, chilli flakes, salt, garlic paste..
- In a pan heat little oil, spread it properly and make like omlet. Cook from both sides..
- Serve with rice-dal or roti..
The bitter gourd (also known as bitter melon) looks like a cucumber but with ugly gourd-like bumps all over it. As the name implies, this vegetable is a melon that is bitter. There are two varieties of this. Bitter gourd is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It contains iron, magnesium, potassium and vitamins like A and C.