Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. You can cook Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 of Onion Chopped.
- You need 1 of Red or Yellow Pepper Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 8 oz of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 lb of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Sweet Whole Kernel Corn.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Parsley.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring pot of water to boil, boil potatoes until fork tender..
- Brown beef, peppers, and onion in large pan. Drain in strainer to remove any fat drippings..
- Once back in pan and the beef is cooked through add corn, soup, milk, salt and pepper, and garlic salt. Stir together for about 3 min..
- Once the meat mixture is complete you can mash the potatoes, add the sour cream to them, salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour meat mixture into a baking dish, top with mashed potatoes..
- Bake at 350 for 30 min. Pull out of oven. Melt the butter in microwave and pour over potaoes, top with fresh parsley..
We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. This Shepherd's Pie is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal. Ground beef and veggies are cooked in a simple sauce, then topped with crispy browned cheddar.