Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes). Indian cutlets are a kind of croquettes made with a variety of fillings, coated with breadcrumbs and fried till crispy and golden. The fillings can be made I prefer to chop my fish into small pieces and cook it with onions, chilies and spices. Once they get cooked, gently break them or flake them apart.
Fish cutlets in Indian style made with tinned tuna fish chunks. Tinned fish is easily available in the market and can make it easy for dishes to be prepared. Spicy Fish Croquettes INDIAN FISH CAKES. You can cook Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes)
- It’s of For juicy Filling:-.
- Prepare 250 gm of (5- 6 pieces) fish(Tuna/ Salmon/Mahi-mahi, etc).
- Prepare 5 of Onions-medium sized.
- It’s – 4 of Mashed potatoes medium sized.
- You need 100 g of All-purpose flour (Maida)-.
- You need 1 of lemon,.
- It’s 4 of green chillies.
- You need 1 small bowl of Finely chopped ginger & garlic – (50g).
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Red chilli powder -.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Coriander powder-.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Black pepper powder-.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of All spices powder(garam masala) -.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder-.
- It’s as per taste of Salt-.
- It’s of For Crispy Outer cover.
- You need 6 breads of Breadcrumbs-.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need as required of Frying- Vegetable oil or any regular oil (1/4 – 2 medium cups).
Easy recipe for deep fried fish cutlets. These fish cutlets can be made quick and it can be prepared well in advance. Fish Cutlet Recipe, Meen Cutlet These fish cutlets are very easy to do and can be done within minutes. The only prep work that is needed is to boil and mash the potatoes, steam and.
Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) instructions
- Take 5-6 pieces of fish and sprinkle a pinch of salt on each pieces..
- Now, add fish pieces and 100 ml water, in a pressure cooker or a deep bottom pan and let it cook for 20-25 minutes(for pressure cooker- 2 whistle)..
- After this, remove the fish pieces onto a plate and let it cool down . You will see the colour of fish is now white(means our fish is cooked!) So don't overcook it!.
- After it cools down, remove skin & fishbones carefully….and shred off all the pieces. Then it will look this way .
- Take a plate (big enough to mix all the filling ingredients!) Add finely chopped ginger-garlic, finely chopped onions, mashed potatoes, finely chopped green chillies, lemon juice,shredded fish & all-purpose flour and mix gently..
- Now it's time to add the 'gem' -our spices with the above mix..
- Add salt as required, then mix it all again but gently! Orelse you won't get that correct consistency of the filling & now keep the filling aside for 15 minutes. Believe me, this enhances it's flavors!.
- Beat two eggs together in a bowl and keep it aside. Bring on the breadcrumbs..
- Add 2 medium cups oil in a deep bottom utensil for frying. If you want to do shallow frying then use 1/4 cup of oil in a nonstick pan, heat it .
- Bring the filling mix, beaten eggs, & breadcrumbs over the cooking station and do the following step for making each cutlets Roll the filling mix into desired shape (I made round), then dip in egg batter & then onto breadcrumbs! Go with patience dear…as we are very near to our delicious cutlets!!.
- Rest these patties for 10 min and then fry or shallow fry the patties as desired, until these are golden brown & crispy on outside..
- Serve it hot with a tangy mint dip, ketchup, chilli mayo dip & don't forget to enjoy!.
- Tips:- You can bake the patties for a healthier version (at 400 deg.F for 15 minutes or till coating is browned). The oil must neither be too hot or not hot enough. If it is too hot, the cutlets will burn and if it is not hot enough, it has a tendency to absorb oil and turn soggy. Start with a hot pan of oil, then reduce the heat to medium and fry cutlets till evenly browned on both sides. Bring oil temperature up before dropping in the next batch of patties. Enjoy cooking.
They are also called Fish Cutlet / Fish Chop. These Indian Fish Croquette – Bengali Macher Chop is the perfect comfort food for us. The croquette or chop as we call it is made of a mixture of fish, potatoes, basic masala, raisins, and spices. Making these fish cutlets reminded me of a hilarious incident from several years ago, when See that tiny crack? You should try to avoid that because it could split open while frying! .