Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Sausage and Peppers over Penne recipe for a low carb lifestyle. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Sausage and colorful bell peppers in a tomato sauce are served over penne pasta in this simple weeknight dish.
Sausage with peppers and pasta is a popular Italian-American restaurant favorite. Italian sausages cooked with bell peppers, sweet onions, crushed tomatoes, and garlic. Sausage and peppers and onions will keep for several days in the fridge. You can cook Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne
- You need 1 lb of package of Hot Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of Green bell peppers (Chopped).
- Prepare 2 of White Onion (Chopped).
- Prepare 12 oz of tomato basil sauce (half a jar).
- Prepare 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped hot peppers.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 box of penne to serve over.
- You need of Notes.
- Prepare of I use B&G Hot Chopped Peppers and Cento Diced Jalapeno Peppers.
Sautéed sausage, peppers and onions are mixed with traditional Italian sauce to make a flavorful topper for hot cooked pasta. Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Oregano, and coat well. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil. Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two.
Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne instructions
- Decide how you'll be cooking the sausage. If oven baking you want to prep them now. If you decide to grill them you can do that while the chili simmers..
- In a large pot, start cooking the ground beef over medium heat. When the beef is almost done, drain the fat and add the chopped peppers and onions..
- Add the tomato basil sauce, crushed and diced tomatoes, seasoning and hot peppers and jalapenos. Keep the heat at medium until the mixture begins to boil..
- Cover and put on low heat after boil. Cooking time should be around 45 minutes. Check the sliced peppers for tenderness. If you like your sausage whole or sliced, you can add them now to the pot..
- This recipe can be served over an entire box of penne pasta. But depending on your preference start by cooking half a box..
- Once "chili" is done, serve over cooked penne and enjoy!.
Then remove to a plate and set aside. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook as package directs. A sausage and peppers dish, using spicy Cajun sausage, pan seared cabbage wedges, sweet onion and diced tomatoes with green chilies, served Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium high and add cabbage wedges directly to the pan drippings in the skillet. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.