Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes. These baked apples are stuffed with a sweet potato, pineapple and pecan filling and topped with marshmallows. This was the talk of our Thanksgiving meal. No one in my family will eat sweet potatoes except for this recipe!!
Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Heat nuts in a nonstick skillet. Learn how to make Apple-Pecan-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. You can cook Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes
- It’s 6 each of med sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cubed butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated orange peel.
- You need 1 each of medium apple chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice for topping if desired.
- It’s 1 cup of mini marshmallos if desired.
Flavorsome sweet potatoes stuffed with apple and pecans – an impeccable side dish for fall. Savory-sweet baked sweet potatoes topped with sweet-tart apples, dried cranberries and crunchy pecans will cheer up any meal with a colorful, flavor-packed side dish packed with nutrition. If you want an even bigger flavor, you can add some bacon bits, but the potatoes are delicious even without. Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes step by step
- prep time 45 mins, bake approx 1 and 1/2 hours total plus cooling.
- scrub and pierce potatoes with a fork. place in foil lined 15 X10 by 1inch baking pan. bake at 400degrees for 45~60 minutes or until tender.
- when cool, cut a thin slice from top of each potato; discard. scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells; transfer to a large bowl. mash with butter, brown sugar and orange peel. fold in apple and pecans.( if desired and you wish, you could add a little more brown sugar or butter to taste: I did, just a bit).
- spoon into potatoes shells. return to baking pan. bake 15~20 mins longer or until heated through..
- if you choose to top with shredded cheese , or marshmallows, you could add it during the last step to melt :-).
Bake Sweet Potato pie, Apple Pie and Pecan Pie. Learn to cook and recipes from the Grill Sergeants. I included sweet potatoes because they're a part of most Thanksgiving menus and pecans because Georgia is a leading producer. How to Make Sweet Potato and Pecan Stuffing. Before we get started, let me just say that you are going to need the largest pots and bowls in your kitchen or either.