Baked apple and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes, spices and apples are baked with a sweet pecan crumb topping. Excellent, IF you tweak a bit. The combination of sweet potatoes and apples is sublime.
Mix the hot water and honey together. Then, wash apples and sweet potatoes under running water, and peel them. Next, cut them in half and further into thin slices. You can have Baked apple and sweet potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked apple and sweet potatoes
- Prepare 4 large of apples.
- You need 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- It’s 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
Bake this casserole dish for an hour. Good morning peeps This is a power packed breakfast recipe! Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
Baked apple and sweet potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
Arrange half of the sweet potato slices on the bottom. Drizzle with half of the buttery spread, then half of the maple syrup. Sweet potatoes are also a favorite on holidays, making this ham and sweet potato bake the best of both worlds. This recipe uses a large ham steak, but leftover slices of ham can be used as well. It is flavored with brown sugar and apples and it makes a delicious dish for family members of any age.