Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce. Grilled chicken shawarma with Lebanese style pita bread Recipe By Food Fusion. The yogurt in the marinade gives the chicken both its tender texture and its alluring char. More yogurt in the sauce, along with crunchy cucumbers and herbs, keeps the flavors bright.
I took an easy approach with the shawarma and tossed chicken thighs in lemon juice I make the tahini yogurt sauce first so the flavors have a chance to blend and marry. A gluten-free and paleo grilled chicken shawarma recipe served with a dairy-free yogurt tahini sauce and marinated veggies. This Arabic meal packs in so much flavor I am so excited to share this recipe for grilled chicken shawarma with you! You can cook Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce
- It’s 6 of med. chicken thighs – bone-in or boneless.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cardamom.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Yogurt sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tahini.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of To serve.
- You need 6 of flatbread/tortilla.
- Prepare of Shredded lettuce.
- It’s Slices of Tomato.
- Prepare Slices of cucumber.
Not only is the name super fun(ny), but it is out of this world delicious and. Chicken is anything but a run-of-the-mill dinner when it is paired with a bright sauce made with tahini, a paste made from sesame seeds that is ubiquitous in Middle Eastern cooking (and easily available at In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, garlic, tahini, cilantro and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. A quick and easy chicken marinade – lemon and yogurt tenderize the lean chicken breasts while fresh garlic, parsley, and spices add tons of flavor. If you're looking for quick and easy chicken breast recipes for the busy school year, this Chicken Shawarma Pita with Tahini Garlic Sauce does not disappoint.
Chicken Shawarma with tahini yogurt sauce instructions
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag (or bowl)..
- Add the chicken and use your hands to make sure each piece is coated. If using a ziplock bag, I find it convenient to close the bag then massage the bag to disperse the rub all over each chicken piece..
- Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours..
- Combine the Yogurt Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and put in the fridge until required (it will last for 3 days in the fridge)..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Bake for 35-40 mins for bone-in and 25-30 mins for boneless..
- To serve: cut chicken into pieces and wrap in flatbread along with yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and cucumber..
Chicken shawarma recipe – Shawarma or shawurma is a Arab dish that is prepared by grilling meat on Making the garlic yogurt sauce. (Roughly adapted from food). This can be used as a dip or to spread on Tahini sauce is ready to use. Spread the sauce generously on a pita bread. Will share the recipe of pita. A simple chicken shawarma recipe with tender, smokey and flavorful chicken and a salty garlic and lemon yogurt sauce served over crisp veggies and warm pita bread.