Handvo. This Handvo Recipe explains how to make Handvo batter from scratch and using ready made flour and how to cook it with all three cooking methods mentioned above with Step By Step Photos. Handvo – a traditional gujarati savory cake made with rice, lentils and lots of vegetable like bottle gourd, fenugreek leaves and carrots. cake recipe is vegetable based handvo recipe. the gujarati handvo recipe can be overwhelming especially for the beginners hence, sharing some tips and suggestions for it. firstly, lauki or bottle. Handvo is a vegetable cake, and famous Gujarati cuisine.
Her mom makes excellent handvo and my sis got this recipe from her. Every Gujarati household has their own way of making handvo and here we have shared our version of Gujarati handvo. Handvo is a popular Gujrati snack. You can cook Handvo using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Handvo
- It’s 1/4 kg of handvo flour (ready available).
- It’s 11/2 cup of sour curd.
- It’s 1 cup of grated bottle gourd.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida (hing).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of green chillies-ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soda bi carb or eno fruit salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of urad dal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cummin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of Coconut-coriander chutney (blended in whisk curd).
This is a baked, spicy lentil cake made Add ENO to the mixture and mix, this will make the handvo mix light and fluffy. Gujarathi Handvo is a traditional Gujarati savory cake prepared with rice, lentils and vegetables. Handvo is a vegetable cheese cake made from vegetables, paneer and cheese. See recipes for Full of protein and vitamin gujrati beg handvo too.
Handvo step by step
- In mixing vessel add handvo flour,mix whisked curd and make idli like batter(if needed add little water).Cover and keep to ferment for 6 hours..
- At the time of making add salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chillies- ginger paste,grated bottle gourd in fermented batter. Do tempering of 1 tbsp oil,urad dal, mustard and cummin seeds, sesame seeds..and pour in fermented batter..
- Mix well. Heat 10" daimeter nonstick pan add heat 3 tbsp oil..as oil being heated add soda bi carb in prepared batter,mix gently for 30 secs..
- Pour this batter in nonstick pan,cover and cook for 8 minutes till the base is golden brown in colour..
- Uncover the half cooked handvo,place a same size plate on it..pick the pan,over turn it. Put half cooked handvo on plate..Glide the uncooked side back in nonstick pan.. from plate. Cover and cook for 5-7 mins until lower side till it turns crisp and golden brown in colour..
- Cool slightly,Cut into 8 slices..Serve immediately hot Handvo with coconut-coriander chutney..
- For baked Handvo..pour the prepared batter in greased baking tray,bake in preheated oven at 200C for 35-40 mins..or till upper crust turn golden brown in colour..
- For Coconut coriander chutney..grind 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves,1/2 cup grated coconut,3 green chillies,a piece of ginger,1 tsp roasted gram(dalia),salt to taste. Add whisked fresh curd to make semi liquid chutney..
Handvo Recipe, Learn how to make Handvo (absolutely delicious recipe of Handvo ingredients and cooking method) Handvo How to make Handvo. Handvo-Ondhvo-Tapelu – Spicy Rice and Lentils Cake. Handvo is a gujarati savoury cake. Made with mixed lentils, rice and spices. Gujarati Handvo Recipe – Handvo is a baked dish made from various dals/lentils and rice, sesame seeds and spices.