Mexican mac and cheese. This pasta recipe is very quick and easy to prepare, and it's also a very popular recipe for kids! Mac and Cheese is not a traditional Mexican recipe, but it has somehow been adopted in many Mexican homes and is a favorite at children's parties and other types of. Mexican Mac and Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Mexican Mac and Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Mexican mac 'n cheese is not quite up to par with hers, but it comes in a close second. For me, it brought back some very sweet memories from that trip. You can cook Mexican mac and cheese using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican mac and cheese
- It’s 16 oz of chorizo sausage.
- You need 3 cups of cheddar.
- Prepare 16 oz of penne pasta.
- Prepare 6 T of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 T of worchestshire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 t of ground mustard.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can of corn with peppers (mexicorn).
Maybe it's just me, but I think it definitely has the ability to warm you up from the inside out. . Be the first to rate & review! In prepared baking dish layer half of the cooked pasta, half the sausage mixture, and half the cheese. It's nearly the universal comfort food, and there are SO many variations!
Mexican mac and cheese step by step
- Set oven to 350.
- Remove casing from sausage. In a dutch oven cook and crumble. Drain and set aside..
- While sausage cooks boil water for pasta and cook til al dente. Drain and set aside..
- To the Dutch oven add butter and flour. Whisk for 1 minute. Be sure to scrape delicious sausage bits up..
- Add milk and cream. Heat to just under boiling, stirring continuously until thick..
- Reduce heat to med/low. Add worchestshire, mustard, salt and pepper..
- Add 2 cups cheese. Stir until smooth..
- Stir in pasta, sausage, and drained corn..
- Transfer to 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around edge, cheese browned on top..
To reheat, stir in a little bit of milk or cream and microwave partially covered with plastic wrap. Can I use Mexican blend cheese for this recipe. Keyword: bacon, cheese, Corn, Monterrey Jack cheese, mozzarella, onion, pasta, pati's mexican table, poblanos, Zucchini. Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Hey Y'all – Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.