Super Easy! Red and White Heart Manju (Steamed Buns) for Valentine's Day.
You can have Super Easy! Red and White Heart Manju (Steamed Buns) for Valentine's Day using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Easy! Red and White Heart Manju (Steamed Buns) for Valentine's Day
- It’s 100 grams of White flour.
- You need 1 of heaping teaspoon Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ❤ Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of ❤ Milk.
- Prepare 40 grams of ❤ Sugar.
- Prepare 210 grams of Koshi-an.
- Prepare 1 of Red food coloring.
- It’s 10 cm of Parchment paper.
Super Easy! Red and White Heart Manju (Steamed Buns) for Valentine's Day step by step
- Cut out 7 5 cm wide squares of parchment paper. Shape the koshi-an filling into 7 30 g balls..
- Combine the ❤ ingredients, sifting the flour and baking powder before adding..
- Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the white dough to be used as decoration. Add red food coloring (dissolved in a bit of water if using powdered food coloring) to the remaining dough to make it pink..
- Separate the dough into 7 pieces. Place on a plate that's covered with flour. Dust your hands with flour to keep the dough from sticking..
- Dust both sides of the dough with flour and wrap it around the filling. Even though the dough should be very soft, it will be pliable enough to wrap easily..
- Stretch out the dough you set aside into heart shapes. Arrange on top of the manju..
- Steam over medium heat for 7 minutes. They fall apart if over-steamed, so check after 6 minutes. If not using a steamer, cover the lid with a dishtowel (to prevent drips)..
- If you touch the manju while they're still hot, the dough will be extremely sticky, so wait until after they're cool to handle. Wrap in plastic wrap and store. They're easy to make and so delicious!.