The Utimate Baked Stuffed Potato. Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food on chilly evenings. Read our guide to cooking jacket potatoes and find inspiration for the perfect toppings. Try these Ultimate oven baked stuffed potato skins and let me know what you think.
Baked potatoes can be a wonder to behold, all soft and snowy-white. They can also be bland as bland as bland can be. Here's how to get the crispest skin and the creamiest, fluffiest flesh, and how to work the very Using your hands, reshape each stuffed potato back into a classic baked-potato shape. You can cook The Utimate Baked Stuffed Potato using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Utimate Baked Stuffed Potato
- You need of POTATOS.
- It’s 4 of russet potatos, baked until tender and cooled.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of Romano cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chopped fresh chives.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot sauce , such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare 4 slice of of cold butter, salted or unsalted about a teaspoon for each slice.
- Prepare of canola or peanut oil for frying, about 4 cups.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- You need of SEASONING MIX FOR FRYED POTATO SHELLS.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of POTATO TOPPING.
- Prepare 4 of slices of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 of slices of bacon, precooked until almost crisp, cut in half.
Begin by baking the potatoes, as this will take the longest. Place potatoes onto a baking sheet. Pierce with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and season While they are baking prepare the stuffing. Make a mornay sauce by combining the butter and flour over medium heat and then whisking in the milk.
The Utimate Baked Stuffed Potato instructions
- Cut top off cooled baked potatos, save top and remove flesh from potato into a bowl..
- Combine all the seasoning mix for fryed pototos in a small bowl. Heat oil in Dutch oven or large deep pot to 350. Fry potato shells and their tops until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove to a rack, sprinkle all over with seasoning and cool on rack.
- In a small skillet , add the teaspoon of butter, add shallot and garlic and soften minute. Add cream and simmer about 5 minutes until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Mash the potatos in the bowl. I use a ricer for this for very smooth potatos, but any way is fine. Add cream mixture, romano , cheddar and cream cheeses, pepper, hot sauce, chives, parsley and Cajun seasoning, mix together..
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking pan with foil. Spray with non stick spray..
- Fill potato shells with mashed potato mixture. Push cold butter piece into center of potato.
- Add slice of cheddar cheese on top, then place top of potato on..
- Cross bacon over top and secure with a toothpick. The potatoes can be prepared ahead and refigerator at this point up to 2 days in advance. Bring to room temperature before baking..
- Bake in oven on prepared pan until hot and cheese is melted and bacon is crisp. About 15 minutes..
Stuffed baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food, but the most popular fillings—cheese, bacon, and sour cream—are not exactly the healthiest options when piled together. As a result, you might be tempted to avoid baked potatoes entirely. But the truth is, a whole potato has ample nutritional. Baked Potatoes provide us with a wonderful 'canvas' for other foods because in general, potatoes are a fairly bland vegetable. I tried this recipe first with my daughter who has now learnt to make it herself.