Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice.
You can have Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice
- Prepare of For the chicken.
- It’s 3 lbs of boneless chicken breast, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of salsa verde.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of each; cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/8 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, seeded and diced.
- You need of For the rice.
- It’s 2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each; garlic powder, cumin, Chile powder, white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 4.5 tsp of tomato-chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 (14 Oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need of For the dough.
- You need 4 cups of Mesa flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of hot water.
- You need 2/3 cup of shortening or lard.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- It’s of Limes.
- It’s 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 tbs of melted garlic butter.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Roasted jalapeños.
- Prepare 3 of LG pasilla peppers.
Brad's Chicken Verde casserole over Spanish rice instructions
- Start with the filling. Heat oil in a LG frying pan. Add onion. Saute for 5 minutes to sweat onions, don't brown. Add chicken, garlic, and seasonings. Cook until chicken is almost done, just a little bit of pink. Do not drain juices. Add salsa and a quarter cup of chopped cilantro. Either make your own or buy the salsa. I used my recipe for roasted salsa verde. Bring salsa to a simmer. Slowly add Mesa flour while stirring constantly until you reach your desired thickness..
- Meanwhile char the skins of the pasilla peppers. If you have a gas range, place directly over burner. If not place directly on top oven rack and broil on hi. The key is to char the skins quickly. When all the skin is charred, place in a plastic bag. Seal and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove all skin and seeds from peppers. Tear open so pepper lays flat..
- Next make the dough. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in the lard or shortening. Mix in the hot water until well combined..
- Grease a large casserole dish. Lay in chicken mixture. Next lay the peppers over the top. Cover with cheddar cheese. Evenly spread the dough over that. Brush with melted garlic butter. Place in the oven at 400 until filling is bubbly and dough browns slightly..
- While in the oven, melt butter in a fry pan for the rice. Add dry rice to pan and cook 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Add rest of rice ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low until water is nearly absorbed. Do not stir. Turn off heat and let sit on burner covered for 10 minutes..
- Plate rice. Place casserole on top. Garnish with limes, cilantro, and jalapeño. Serve immediately. Enjoy..