Miso-Flavored Fried Tempura (Okonomiyaki).
You can cook Miso-Flavored Fried Tempura (Okonomiyaki) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Miso-Flavored Fried Tempura (Okonomiyaki)
- It’s 50 grams of ◎Flour (cake or all-purpose flour).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ◎Baking powder.
- Prepare 70 ml of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 30 grams of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tablespoon Sakura shrimp.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red pickled ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1 of Ingredients (meat, octopus, squid, corn, tuna, etc.).
- Prepare 2 of Green onions or scallions.
Miso-Flavored Fried Tempura (Okonomiyaki) step by step
- Add ◎ to a bowl and mix it up with an egg beater instead of sifting, add the dashi stock broth a bit at a time, and mix without kneading. Dry-fry the sakura shrimp..
- Add 1 cm squared cabbage, sakura shrimp, red pickled ginger, any of your favorite ingredients, and a cracked egg to the bowl from Step 1. Gently mix it up with a fork or cooking chopsticks..
- Heat oil in a pan, and cook over medium heat. Once the sides have hardened, flip over. Press down firmly on it with a spatula, and lightly coat the top with half of the miso..
- Flip it over and reduce to low heat. Press down on the batter with a spatula, and lightly cover with the remaining miso..
- Flip it over again, and it is done once you fry the miso. You cook it through on both sides, coat with miso, and fry it again over low heat..
- Garnish the fried okonomiyaki with scallions. Top with mayonnaise if you like. However, please first try a bite with just the simple taste of miso..
- Variation: Add 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder roux for faint flavor of curry. It goes better with the sauce. I recommend making it with green onions and corn..