Kabocha Squash Manju.
You can have Kabocha Squash Manju using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Manju
- Prepare 200 grams of Kabocha squash.
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 30 grams of Caster sugar.
- It’s 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 80 grams of Anko.
- Prepare 1 of Poppy seeds (or sesame seeds).
Kabocha Squash Manju step by step
- Chop the kabocha into 2 cm cubes, put them in a heat-resistant dish, wrap in plastic, then microwave for about 5 minutes (at 500 to 600 W). Peel off the skin and mash while hot..
- Divide the anko into 8 portions, and roll into balls..
- While the kabocha is hot, add the butter and sugar and mix well..
- Sift in cake flour and baking powder, then mix until evenly incorporated..
- Cut two 25 cm long sheets of parchment paper, then cut each into fourths to prepare 8 square pieces of paper..
- Divide the kabocha mixture from Step 4 into 8 portions, roll into balls, flatten into 10-cm circles, then place in the center of the parchment paper. Place a ball of anko on top..
- Press in the sides of the parchment paper, then loosely bring the 4 corners together..
- Arrange the dumplings on a frying pan, cover with a lid, then steam on low heat for about 17 to 18 minutes..
- They're done! Test to see whether they are evenly puffy and firm to the touch (they should be moist, but not sticky)..
- Remove the parchment paper, and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with poppy seeds (or white sesame seeds)..