Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes.
You can have Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes
- It’s of Bell pepper Mixture.
- It’s 4 of Bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of Onion Chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic, Chopped.
- It’s 1 of Can of Black beans, drained.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped tomatoes.
- You need 5 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1/2 of Can of White beans.
- You need 1 cup of Cooked brown Rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable or olive oil.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded cheddar.
- You need of Mashed potatoes.
- It’s 12 of Medium sized Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of Whole milk.
- It’s 1 of Tinge of freshly grated nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter.
- You need 1 of Floret Broccoli, if needed.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Stuffed Bell peppers with mashed potatoes step by step
- For the mashed potatoes, Mash the drained and boiled potatoes until it is soft and fluffy. In a preheated sauce pan, add the butter and milk and cook until the butter melts. Add the melted butter-milk mixture gently to the mashed potatoes. When the required consistency is reached, add salt pepper and nutmeg to taste..
- Optional: Add the boiled broccoli to the potatoes before mashing them..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, cut your bell peppers length wise and remove the seeds and ribs. Place them in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the peppers are soft..
- For the stuffing, heat the oil in the skillet and add garlic and onions. Saute them till the onions are translucent and soft..
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, cumin powder, salt and pepper to taste. Give them a good mix until the mixture is well coated with the spices..
- Add the black and white beans and give them a good stir along with the mixture. Cover the skillet and allow the mixture to cook in a medium low heat for about 20 minutes..
- By this time, the bell peppers would be ready and pop them out of the oven. Discard the liquid that could be seen inside the cavity of the bell peppers and allow it to cool..
- When the stuffing mixture has thickened, add the cooked brown rice and give it a cook mix. Allow it to cool, before adding to the bell peppers..
- Add the stuffing to the bell peppers, and top it with cheese. Pop them back in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes..