Baked Ziti Variation.
You can cook Baked Ziti Variation using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti Variation
- You need 48 oz of spaghetti or tomato sauce.
- You need 3 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of spicy Italian sausage.
- It’s 32 oz of tri color Garden Rotini Pasta.
- It’s 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Extra sharp white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 16 oz of sliced mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of merlot red wine.
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 4 of eggs (whisked).
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh basil (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of oregano (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rosemary (chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme (chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 medium of mushrooms (minced).
- It’s 1 pinch of lemon pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of White or black pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Sweet chili powder.
- It’s 2 pinch of crushed sea salt.
Baked Ziti Variation instructions
- In small sauce pan, saute mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and thyme with olive oil. carefully add merlot. and let simmer for 20 mins..
- in large sauce pan with medium heat, add spaghetti sauce, oregano. carefully add ingredients from saute pan into sauce. let simmer for 45 mins to an hour or more depending on preference..
- brown the ground beef and spicy sausage and drain grease, then set aside..
- in large mixing bowl, add ricotta, eggs, basil, parsley, cheddar, jack, parmesan, feta and dry seasonings, with large spoon mix until blended..
- boil dry pasta for 6 minutes until al-dente or use fresh and then mix with spaghetti sauce until covered..
- preheat oven to 350.
- in 2 13×9 deep baking or casserole pans layer pasta on bottom, then layer ground beef and sausage then cover with ricotta cheese mix, then layer again with pasta topped with slices of mozzarella. do the same for both. bake in oven for 45 mins or until cheese bubbles on top or for 75 mins if you like your top layer slightly crunchy. let cool for 5 mins, dish out and enjoy with a side of garlic toast and a glass of red wine..