Cast iron apple pie. A modern version of an old-time favorite uses premade pie crusts to make this three-layer apple pie, baked in a cast iron skillet. Remove skillet and sprinkle with brown sugar; return to oven to heat while you prepare the. Pie season is here and this Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie is a fun variation on a classic.
After it is melted, I place a layer. Luckily, a cast-iron skillet can solve al. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. You can have Cast iron apple pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast iron apple pie
- Prepare 4 pounds of golden delicious apples peeled, cored and sliced (can use any apples good for baking).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 package of refrigerated pie crust (make sure it has top and bottom).
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
There are a few benefits to making a pie in a cast iron skillet. Two big ones: you get an extra crispy crust and the cast iron pan will keep your pie warm for a while when you go back for seconds. While I typically save Honeycrisps and just eat 'em plain, I did use a couple to make this Cast Iron Apple Pie. For my money, it's the best dessert to grace our tables and slide down our gullets in the past bazillion years.
Cast iron apple pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss sliced apples in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in the cast iron skillet and add brown sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place one pie crust in the pan.
- Add apple mixture and place the other crust on top.
- Whisk egg white and brush over the top of the pie then cut some slits in the top.
- Bake 1 hour.
First: this pie will be baked in a cast iron dutch oven. If you don't have one, you can use a cast iron skillet , but you'll need a lid for it (we don't want ash and coals invading dessert space). So I make apple pies all the time, using homemade crust, etc., but in your normal ceramic (pioneer woman) pie dishes. What differences can I expect with the pie if I cook it using the Cast Iron, and are there any steps unique to cooking with a Cast Iron that I should take into consideration? This skillet apple pie recipe always brings people back for more.