You can have Easy Manju using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Manju
- It’s 80 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Baking soda (or baking powder).
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 15 grams of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 25 grams of Egg.
- Prepare 130 grams of Store-bought anko (I used tsubu-an).
Easy Manju step by step
- Add the egg, sugar, condensed milk, and melted butter into a bowl, mixing with each addition..
- Sift in the cake flour and baking soda, and mix with a rubber spatula..
- Once the dough comes together, wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes..
- In the meantime, divide the anko into 9 portions and roll up into balls..
- Divide the rested dough into 9 pieces, roll them out (with your hands is fine), wrap up the anko, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure place them seam side down..
- Brush the surface with the leftover egg using the back of a spoon or a brush, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated 180℃ oven. (Adjust the time accordingly.).
- It's done. Once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and they will become even moist with time..
- I used chunky anko this time, but you can also use a finely mashed anko, or put a chestnut inside!.