Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken.
You can have Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 1 tbsp cornstarch, divided.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple tidbits, drained.
Baked Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- Start by cutting your chicken into bite sizes pieces. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside..
- In one bowl, place 1/2 cup of the cornstarch. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip the chicken pieces into the cornstarch to coat first. Then, dip the coated pieces into the egg..
- Working in batches, place the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side to brown them. You don't want them to cook through at this point. Once the pieces are browned, place them into the prepared baking dish. Continue until all the chicken is browned..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and the 1 tbsp cornstarch. Pour over the chicken..
- Sprinkle the diced pepper and pineapple tidbits over the top of the chicken..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes or so, that way everything gets an even coating of sauce. Start to check whether your chicken is done around the 45 minute mark, which is also when your sauce should start to thicken up..
- Once ready, let sit for 5 minutes, then serve..