Chicken stuffed bell peppers. These Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with black beans, corn, onion, and brown rice — you pretty much have all the food groups in one bite! This was actually my first time eating/making stuffed bell peppers and I'm so glad I finally tried them! I hope you love them too!
Spoon half of the marinara sauce into the peppers. Keto chicken Parmesan stuffed bell peppers. Creamy Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers. You can have Chicken stuffed bell peppers using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed bell peppers
- You need 4 of medium red pepper, cut in half, seeds removed.
- You need 2 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts, cut into small cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas, canned, drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- It’s 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro, or lemon thyme (for garnish).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Update the classic stuffed bell pepper recipe with a tangy chicken, couscous, and goat cheese salad, instead of the traditional ground beef and rice. Broiling the peppers before filling brings out their sweet and smoky flavor and keeps them from ending up either soggy or undercooked. Chicken stuffed bell peppers are most definitely a healthy eating classic (at least in my book). This is one of my favorite meals that is protein packed.
Chicken stuffed bell peppers instructions
- Preheat oven 375°F. Place bell pepper in a glass dish, spray with olive oil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper. Cook, stir frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, lime juice, fresh herbs and rice. Reduce heat to med-low and cook another 3-5 minutes..
- Scoop chicken mixture into bell peppers, evenly. Add cheese, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 3 minutes. Or broil..
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh herbs !.
I love stuffed peppers recipes since it is such an easy, low carb, and delicious meal to make, with minimal clean up. Chicken stuffed peppers are wonderful because bell peppers are easy vegetables to be stuffed unlike cabbage leaves, hence lazy cabbage rolls. My mom loved making chicken stuffed peppers. As a kid I loved the stuffing but didn't like the soft baked bell peppers. These low carb stuffed peppers are filled with buffalo chicken for a spicy low carb recipe!