Sweet potato black bean enchiladas. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. The enchiladas are stuffed with creamy, hearty sweet potato, plus black beans, feta cheese, and spices. The sauce is super easy—just grab some mild salsa verde at the store.
It's believed that enchiladas may have originated from a similar Mayan dish called papadzules. Typically, enchiladas are made with meat, seafood, beans, cheese, potatoes, or vegetables stuffed in corn tortillas and topped with enchilada sauce. Place a tortilla onto a flat work surface. You can have Sweet potato black bean enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato black bean enchiladas
- It’s of sweet potato, 1 inch cubed.
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained rinsed.
- Prepare 4 oz of can green chilies.
- Prepare of red onion diced thin.
- It’s of salsa.
- Prepare of cumin.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of salt pepper.
- It’s of mexican cheese.
Spoon a portion of the sweet potato/black bean mixture down the center; roll up the tortilla and place into baking dish. Continue until all tortillas are filled. Spoon any remaining sweet potato/black bean mixture on top of the tortillas. Top with remaining salsa, cheese, and minced red onion.
Sweet potato black bean enchiladas step by step
- Pre heat oven 375. Steam your sweet potatoes till tender. 10 minutes or so.
- In a bowl add red onion, green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, black beans, and sweet potatoes. Fold to mix.
- Add mixture to tortilla..
- Add salsa to bottom of a greased baking dish. Place tortilla seam side down. Add cheese and more salsa on top of tortillas. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy.
The black beans and sweet potato filling in these vegetarian enchiladas pack in the nutrition. Black beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, folate, and iron. Pairing the black beans with sweet potatoes and a tomato-based enchilada sauce or salsa, which are rich in vitamin C, helps increase iron absorption. Mash mixture with potato masher until combined. Place sweet potato, onion and red pepper in basket.